Welcome to RowHero! We’re excited you’re with us to unlock the power of performance data for your rowers.
A team in RowHero is a set of athletes who do the same workouts together. You can set up as many teams as you would like.
Creating a New Team: Before You Have an Account
When you sign up for a RowHero account for the first time, you’re guided through a process to create your team. Start with the home screen below, and we’ll walk you through it step-by-step.
Step by Step
- Launch the app for the first time to get to the home screen. Then tap on “Sign up for free speed.”
- Tap on “A Coach.” (If you are also an athlete, you can select “Both”, but the following steps will be the same.)
- On the next screen, enter the name of your team. This will be visible to your athletes, so make sure it’s something they recognize. Tap the “Next” button when you’re done.
- Optionally, add a team photo. You and your athletes will see this throughout the RowHero app, so it’s best to make it as relevant as possible. When you’re finished, tap on “Create Team.”
- On the next screen, you’re asked to start a free trial. If you have already paid for a RowHero subscription, don’t worry; your account will be upgraded after you sign up. Tap on “Let’s do this!” when you’re ready.
- After your team is created, tap on “Create Profile” to add your account info: email, password, full name, and your competition gender.
- When you finish filling in this form, tap on “Sign Up,” and you’ll get access to your team!
Creating a New Team: After You Have an Account
You can also create a team when you already have an account. This is useful when you run multiple teams or want to split your team into different subgroups based on different workouts you run (e.g., U19 vs U17).
Step by Step
- From any home screen, launch the main menu by tapping on the icon in the top left.
- Tap “New Team.”
- On the next screen, add a Team Name, and optionally add a team photo.
- Choose the organization/club you want this new team to be a part of. The organization dictates the length of your subscription. For example, if you already have a subscription until June, then creating a new team in the same organization will also have that subscription till June. A new organization requires a new subscription to be paid.
- Tap the “Create Team” button.
- Your team is created, and you can now start adding rowers.